(1)Top Podcasts of the week:
Permaculture Podcast : 1/10/2018 Episode #1801 with Wilson Alvarez on biomimicry, landcare and the reintegration project.
The Joe Rogan Experience:
#1070 with Jordan Peterson Episode – Jordan Peterson is a clinical psychologist and tenured professor of psychology at the University of Toronto.
#1069 – Ben Greenfield Episode – Ben Greenfield is a Coach, Author, Speaker, ex-Bodybuilder and Ironman Triathlete. In 2008 he was voted as the Personal Trainer of the Year by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) and recognized as the top 100 Most Influential People in Health in 2013.
#1071 Steven Crow and NotGay Jared Episode – Steven Crowder is an actor, comedian and former contributor for the Fox News Channel. He currently runs his own website and also a podcast along with producer NotGay Jared called “Louder With Crowder”
And of course some Bill Burr’s Monday Morning Podcast
New podcasts we heard about and need to start listening too: Biohacking Secrets Show with Anthony DiClementi; The 5am Miracle with Jeff Sanders and The Art of Manliness with Brett McKay
(2) New book Purchases we made on Kindle this week: We have a lot of reading to do!! If you don’t have a reading routine, what are you thinking? Reading is your super power, use it wisely, or stay the same, it is your choice.
– Originals: How non-conformists move the world by Adam Grant
– Deep: Freediving, Renegade Science and what the ocean tells us about ourselves by James Nestor
– Beyond Training: Mastering Endurance, health and Life by Ben Greenfield
– The Seed underground: A Growing revolution to save food by Janisse Ray
– The Permaculture Earthworks Handbook: How to design and build swales, dams, ponds, and other water harvesting systems by Douglas Barnes
– Teaming with Nutrients: The Organic Gardner’s Guide to Optimizing Plant Nutrition (Science for Gardners) by Jeff Lowenfels
(3) Products we use everyday to boom our life:
Green goo deodorant – Finally natural deodorant that works! Stay fresh with natural ingredients that are soothing to the skin, yet effective. No hidden chemicals and all their ingredients are easy to pronounce. High performance Natural Deodorant without compromise. Does Not Contain: Aluminum, Propanediol, Propylene Glycol, Parabens, or Phthalates. Gluten-free.
And Me undies – softest underwear we have ever own and we get a new pair delivered every month. This month a profile card was sent in the package the companies mission to offer great, high-quality products, @ an affordable price. Me undies also focuses on responsible manufacturing from start to finish. Click here and get 20% of you first order
(4) The Super blue moon Lunar Eclipse on Wednesday morning was EPIC!!! My photos never fully capture how beautiful and magical life can be but Check out these 5 dope instagrammers who captured it best: @babaktafresh @utahshotz @travelizer @deepsea3000 @loishongphotography
(5) Boomstead Projects: Winter is here and there is not much to do. – The chickens are very self-sufficient and we are able to leave for the weekends to go Shred our faces off in Breckenridge. We have big plans for our kitchen garden and we brought our seed catalogs up with us to make our official order for trees, seed, mushrooms, etc. for this year’s growing season. I think we will get more chickens too, when we get back from our 5 year anniversary trip to Canada! We bought the fence-posts and chicken-wire necessary to finish wrapping up the kitchen-garden, we also purchased these cool sprouting lids that fit on any size of wide mouth mason jars and seeds from Johnny’s selected seeds to start growing some micro-greens to eat or throw to the chooks. We are still waiting on the seeds. We can’t wait to work and finish our Cob oven and outside kitchen area this spring.
Boom Bonus of the Week: Quote to Ponder:
“The outcome of any action is highly determined by the mental frame of reference used by the actor. ” – @Ben Falk, The Resilient Farm and Homestead
Have a booming weekend!
P.S. Don’t forget to follow us on instagram @theboomstead to see our #Take5Sunrises for Friday posts.